Thursday, July 19, 2012

Vegetable Garden

As we were redoing our backyard, was really wanted us to have a space for a vegetable garden.  While my parents were visiting, I had my dad help me plan out and plant a garden.  It is fun watching it grown and being able to get fresh veggies by simply walking into the back yard.

20120507_141412

Starting to grow!

20120606_155930

Getting bigger!

20120717_144408

HUGE!

20120717_144517

So far the most delicious part of the garden has been the strawberries.  Lucky for me Rob doesn’t like them so I get to enjoy them all!  They are so sweet and delicious.  Next year I will definitely be planting more.

We’ve been able to use the following so far:  Arugula, Green Onions, Spinach, Radishes, Leaf Lettuce, Cilantro, Strawberries.  We have learned that we are not radish people and will not be planting those again.  We enjoyed the Arugula but planted too much and couldn’t eat it fast enough.  We are looking forward to tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, and peas. 

1 comment:

Loyce said...

Glad your garden grew. Dad can hardly wait to plant one here next year.