Friday, July 20, 2012

Revelstoke

We adopted a PUPPY! 

Since we got married Rob has wanted a dog.  He finally convinced me and after our yard was finished I made it my mission to find us the perfect dog.  We decided that the perfect breed for our current house and yard would be a Miniature Australian Shepherd and the search began.  We quickly found that buying one of the dogs from a breeder was a little more than we wanted to spend.  One day, after months of search, I heard on the radio that a Puppy Mill had been busted in Bellingham.  They took 48 Mini Aussies from horrible conditions and they were all being housed at the humane society.  We knew one of these dogs should be ours. 

Several applications, emails, faxes, and phone interviews later we were the proud parents of this little guy. We named him Revelstoke (Revel for short).

20120605_184931

He was 5 months old when we got him.  They think he was born in December 2011.  He was one of the most shy of all of the puppies.  Having never interacted with humans he is very scared and shy of all people.  We are doing our best to introduce him to as many new people and experiences as possible.  He is doing well at home with Rob and I.  Now that it is summer time and I have more time at home, he has quickly become my shadow as he follows me around everywhere and helps me with all the chores. 

Revel loves the dog park and loves water.  Whether it is chasing the stream from the hose, splashing in a creek, or swimming in Lake Washington, he always wants to be in water.  He is a great jogging partner.  Within the first month with us he was already up to running 6+ miles with me.  His favorite treat is frozen Cantaloupe.  He loves to chew on EVERYTHING, especially our flip flops.

2012-05-26 14.41.55

If you’re in the area come on over and meet our sweet shy little guy. 

20120708_193517

1 comment:

Loyce said...

What a cute puppy, can't wait to meet him.