Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Bountiful Harvest

For my first year of growing my own vegetables, I was very impressed with how well everything grew.  We were doubly blessed when we had an Indian Summer and sun for days on end.  I realized the main advantage of growing a garden is the fact that you don’t have to go to the grocery store to keep replacing perishables, which means you don’t buy a bunch of other stuff you don’t need.  It was fun finding new recipes to use the veggies as they grew.  I’ve never used tomatoes in so many meals in my life!  We are ready for next year and already have plans on what we will be and will not be planting.

A few pics of what we picked.  We are still enjoying the carrots and jalapenos.

20120731_13294220120904_163921

20121008_171957

This potato was HUGE!

1 comment:

Loyce said...

You must have a green thumb, nice looking produce. Good Job!